STRATFORD ARENA FACILITIES RETURN TO PLAY
RE-OPENING GUIDELINES & PROTOCOLS
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The Corporation of the City of Stratford in collaboration with Huron Perth Health continues to monitor the COVID – 19 situation.
Any and all users of the City’s arenas or other City facilities / buildings are reminded that these areas are being made available for use at your own risk. Note that an inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including but not limited to COVID-19 exists in any public places where people are present.
As a user of the City facilities / buildings you are required to adhere to all applicable City policies, practices, procedures at all times relating to the use of public City spaces including but not limited to complying with any and all directions given by City representatives relating to COVID-19 measures.
By visiting any arena or other publicly accessible spaces you voluntarily assume any and all risks including but not limited to risk of injury, loss, damage, bodily harm, property damage, illness, death, personal harm, property loss, and possible exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19.
We remind you of your obligations to follow the COVID-19 precautionary guidelines being recommended by various Canadian health authorities, including Huron Perth Health, Ontario Health and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
In accordance with Huron Perth Public Health, ALL visitors entering the facilities MUST wear either a medical facemask or a non-medical face covering. Participants utilizing the ice surface are also required to wear facial coverings in the dressing rooms until they are ready to go on the ice with their helmets on.
Parent/Guardian supervisors and spectators are required to wear a medical facemask or a non-medical face covering in all areas in the facilities including the entrances, exits, dressing rooms, corridors, and spectator areas.
Visitors are required to practice physical distancing by standing at least 2 metres (6 feet) away from any other visitor(s). All spectators are to be seated or standing only in the designated areas. Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least 2 metre (6 feet) away from guests and other employees when possible. Please protect yourself, your family, and your community by socially distancing from anyone from outside of your household.
Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at the designated facility entrances/exits and high contact areas. Visitors are to utilize these dispensers upon entering the building and whenever as needed. Visitors are also encouraged to wash their hands on a regular basis.
Dressing rooms will be available for participants 30 minutes before the start of the rental time. Dressing rooms will be sanitized and disinfected after each use. Dressing room washrooms are open for participant use only. All dressing rooms that are not in use will be kept closed and locked. Participants must vacate the dressing rooms and facilities within 15 after the end of the rental time to allow staff time to clean and disinfect the dressing rooms after each use.
Entering the Facilities
Before entering a facility, all patrons must answer Yes or No to the following Screening Questions that will be displayed at the front entrances:
1. Do you have any of the following new or worsening symptoms or signs?
· Fever and/or chills
· Cough or barking cough
· Shortness of breath
· Decrease or loss of smell or taste
· Sore throat or difficulty swallowing
· Pink eye
· Runny or stuffy/congested nose
· Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea
· Stomach pain
· Extreme tiredness
· Muscle aches
· Falling down often
2. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days? If you are an essential worker who crosses the Canada-US border regularly for work, select “No”.
3. In the last 14 days, has a public health unit identified you as a close contact of someone who currently has Covid-19?
4. Has a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)?
5. In the last 14 days, have you received a Covid Alert exposure notification on your cell? If you already went for a test and got a negative result, select “No”.
If you answer YES to any one of the questions above, PLEASE DO NOT enter this location AND contact your health care provider or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) to get advice or an assessment, including if you need a COVID-19 test.
Participants will enter the facilities thru the appropriate entrance and be asked to follow the directional signage to the dressing rooms and ice surface area. Participants are to stay in their rooms until ice is ready and they will proceed onto the ice through the designated ice entry point in a physical distanced format. Participants are to arrive no more than 15 minutes before their rental time. All participants are to arrive with no more than one parent or guardian.
Exiting the Facilities
Participants and parent/guardian supervisors who are within the facility will not be permitted to exit through the main entrance. Participants and parent/guardian will be asked to follow the directional signage to exit the facility thru the designated exit doors. Do not enter the lobby area to exit the facility.
Participants are to arrive no more than 30 minutes before their rental time. All rentals include the regular 10 minutes of ice resurfacing time in the rental allotment.
All participants and spectators are asked to vacate the facility within 15 minutes of the rental time.
Participant & Spectator Numbers
Under Step 4 of the provincial re-opening plan, indoor recreational facilities are permitted to have numbers up to 100% of the capacity limit.
Rules and Regulations
1. All participants and patrons will be expected to follow the directional arrows and signage when moving throughout the facility.
2. All participants and patrons will be expected to use the hand sanitizer stations at the entrances and exits of the facilities.
3. All participants and patrons must follow the direction of On Duty staff.
4. There is to be no sharing of water bottles. Participants should maintain their own water bottle.
5. Helmets are mandatory for all ice users. Full face coverings are strongly recommended for ice users.
6. Benches are not to be accessed by coaching staff until actual ice time is to begin. The benches are required to be cleaned and disinfected by staff after each rental.
7. Spitting anywhere in City Facilities is strictly prohibited.
8. Purchases in the lobby area at machines or snack bar should only occur when entering the facility.
9. Staff is challenged to ensure facility cleanliness is maintained at all times. Please provide staff with adequate distancing if you absolutely must speak to the staff member.
10. In order to protect staff and our clientele, any discrepancy requiring negotiation should be put in writing immediately following the rental time and directed to the facility manager. The manager will address the concern during business hours.